Drug and alcohol abuse must be prevented, and we believe that addicts must be helped. The new wellbeing services counties must adopt an active overall approach to preventing and reducing substance abuse. The care for substance abuse patients should be closer connected to the mental health care services
We want to ensure that
- Adequate resources are allocated to mental health care and substance abuse services.
- Swedish-speaking mental healthcare- and substance abuse services are secured.
- More low-threshold consultations are provided and multi-professional cooperation involving the municipalities, schools, care services, homes and the police is expanded.
- Active measures and an overall approach to preventing and reducing substance abuse are adopted.
- Support and consultation are available to the family and friends of substance abusers.
- Care and not punishment shall be the main focus of substance abuse services
- Substance abuse services should always be based on facts and research