Equal access to rescue services all over the country and an adequate number of Swedish-speaking personnel in rescue services are crucial to ensuring our safety. Private fire brigades and volunteer fire brigades and the volunteer maritime rescue play an important and central role in securing rescue services in Finland.
We want to ensure that
- Rescue services are available in every part of the country.
- The Swedish-speaking education in rescue services is moved from Kuopio to Helsinki in order to secure the availability of Swedish-speaking personnel in rescue services.
- The operating conditions of volunteer fire brigades and the volunteer maritime rescue are strengthened to safeguard equal access to rescue services in all regions.
- Measures are taken to prevent any violent behaviour that personnel in rescue services are subjected to so that the personnel can carry out their work safely.
- Emergency centre operations and the education of operators function in both national languages.